Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Shameless Husband Plug

So, besides being the most wonderful husband on the face of the earth, my spouse is also a total movie buff who can remember more about a movie he saw twenty years ago than I can remember about my agenda yesterday. However, he's not just a great film source, he also is a writer by trade, and a darn good one at that (no bias; I promise). I could argue that one of the main qualities that attracted me to my husband was his prose. Yes, I know I am a dork (didn't you read this post?!?), but when my then-major-crush wrote me letter after letter with total grammatical correctness, I knew I had found my soulmate. No one that married me would use a preposition at the end of a sentence or commit a comma splice. So, why am I so profusely touting my husband's writing abilities and film knowledge?

Well, because my husband has been terribly supportive of my rather new extra-curricular activity of blogging, now I need to return the favor.




While most of you reading this are women, most of you also have husbands and children. And lots of husbands (and children) like to watch movies. And if you are anything like us, you don't have much time to waste on movies that are sub-par. My husband's new blog to the rescue! His blog is dedicated to fathers who like movies, but have very little time to watch. He reviews children's movies and also movies that go beyond the rating of "G" for parents. And while it is aimed at the father figure, anyone can enjoy this blog. He even makes a special point in each review to address whether kids and moms will like the film as well.

So, what are you still doing reading this? Hop on over to FilmFather and see for yourself. And leave a comment so he knows you were nice enough to visit while you're at it.

We now return to our regularly scheduled blog. :)

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Very cool! And it looks like he's put A LOT of time into this! Way to go Mr. Peanut (....and Pumpkin)! ;)

Jessica said...

Kudos to your hubby for coming up with something great! I've lurked on your blog for a while and now maybe I will lurk on his (or comment on it since you asked so nicely...)

Lisa said...

I like his site - left a comment and am forwarding to my husband. He is always looking for a movie for the boys.

I had not seen that B link! Thank you for sending it to me while I still remember who they are! How convenient that they waited until after that final rose show to break up. Hmm.

Amy Jo said...

How great that you husband wants to make a nitche for himself in blogland. I'll check it out for sure.