- Even if the character from one of your favorite shows is making an appearance at your local zoo, that doesn't mean you actually want to meet said character.
- You have to share all of your toys with your little brother, but when you want him to share a toy with you, he throws it across the room instead.
- Every day at recess, the same kid pretends he is shooting you, and you know that playing that you are shooting isn't allowed. You tell the teacher but it still happens every day. Then when you shake hands too hard one morning with the "shooters kid," you get in trouble and have to sit in "the thinking chair."
- You wanted to shop with Mommy for your Halloween costume, but the stores with the costumes are all too scary.
- If you do the same thing your little brother does, it's not okay because "you know better."
- Your parents make you eat your food at dinner and not just the butter on top of the food.
- Your mommy wants to kiss you all of the time and you want to wipe them off, but you know that makes her sad.
- You are too big for your parents to carry you around now, even when you are really, really, super tired.
- Your parents get annoyed when you get out of bed for the third time, but this time it was just to remind them that you love them.
Happy 5 1/2, Peanut. Despite all of the hardships of being a kid your age, you are a great big brother and a bright kindergartner, and we love you soooo much. (Just don't tell anyone how many years-and-a-half Mommy is today. Your great memory is dangerous!)