Saturday, August 9, 2008

Budding Artiste Matisse?

When I was little, I loved to draw, color, create. I took oil painting, cartooning, and kids' crafts lessons. However, loving something doesn't necessarily equate excelling at something. Actually, I do remember winning my fair share of coloring contests, but I was always pretty good at staying in the lines. Drawing the actual lines myself, however, proved to be more difficult. As I got older, I realized the terrific artistic talents of other classmates and stuck to writing and music as my main areas of interest. And that is why I was in complete amazement when I witnessed my two-year-old's most recent doodles:




I had to document them because they were gone as quickly as they were drawn with one pull of the lever. Considering my own artistic abilities, I was pretty proud of my little 28 month-old. All I know is, I'm giving credit to the recessive genes!

P.S. I am not discrediting the artistic talents of my husband, of course. He drew some pretty impressive Bob the Builder characters with chalk on our walkway just this afternoon.

7 comments:

Lisa said...

That is really good. I doubt I could do that. (Wish I could say it is because I excel in something else.)

Do you think you will one day be blogging about what a great painter he is and why does he keep writing alot instead of a lot?

:-)

FilmFather said...

Thanks for the props, honey. And if anyone out there needs a Van Halen logo for their notebook cover, I'm still pretty awesome at that too.

Anonymous said...

How cute! I thought for sure it was from Cameron until I scrolled down and read the rest/saw the pic. He is too cute drawing. You definitely need to get Connor some art lessons.

Kristen

Kelly said...

That is REALLY impressive! Way to go little man! :)

Kristin said...

Nice! What a great job! I wish my kids had some artistic ability! But I know they have other abilities that are just waiting to show themselves! :) But what a great job by your little one!! :)

Gemma said...

Awesome! What great drawings! We need to get him to do some of these masterpieces on a sketch pad to save for posterity. That way, when he's being interviewed on Oprah, he can document when this gift first appeared!

Peanuts and Pumpkins said...

Very nice!!! My Pumpkin is getting a lot of practice on her older sisters Magna-Doodle just like that.. but ours has Princesses on it.. oh.. and it's PINK! :)