Monday, April 28, 2008

Go Down Swingin'

We recently took a trip to a nearby playground when I was home with the boys. We had a good time, and I certainly burned off some much-needed calories chasing Connor all around the area. But I would particularly like to say:

1) Thank you to the boy Cameron met under one of the slides. He was hiding, and Cameron shyly went over to him and said, "Can I hide with you?" The boy shrugged his shoulders and said, "Ummm...okay." Cameron was his shadow from that point forward, running all over the grounds and stopping every few minutes to shriek and hide from "the bad guys." When we were leaving, I met his mom and told her how sweet her son was to allow Cameron to play with him, especially because he was a few years older than my son. She laughed and said, "I'm glad he is being nice to someone. I set up a playdate with his friends and he's been hiding from them since the minute we got here."

2) A shout-out to the nice grandparents I met while running back and forth between pushing Connor on the toddler swings and Cameron on the regular swings. They were taking turns pushing their adorably quiet, petite grandson next to us while my animated Connor yelled play-by-play descriptions of everything he saw: "Dat's a red coat!" "Dere's a ball!" "Mama, we're swingin'!" After further small talk, I asked how old their grandson was. Just had a birthday? Huh, Connor, too. Just turned two? Hey, Connor, too. On March 29th? Seriously? Connor, too! The couple was just as surprised as I was that these boys were exactly the same age. But here's the kicker; as we were leaving the swings, they mentioned it was a shame they didn't have a pen or paper to write down my name and number for their daughter...(wait for it)...named KRISTIN! No, I am not kidding!

3) And lastly, I would like to thank anyone who chooses to create a playground. But may I suggest, in the future, that you consider the parents of toddlers the next time your blueprints get a green light? I almost lost a fight to that playground equipment since it was only meant for people less than three feet tall to run under. Ouch!

Connor peeks around to look for his brother

Then he spies him above his head


Hi, Mama!


Cameron, before meeting his playmate


In case you were wondering if Connor had a good time, click on the video below. You'll have to let me know what you think because I really couldn't tell... (wink, wink).


4 comments:

Kelly said...

Looks like such a fun time! :) I'm jealous that Connor is putting together whole sentences - Jake is putting two or three words together, but I guess Connor IS a whole day older than Jake afterall :)

That is WILD about the other kid having the same birthday AND that same mom's name!

Kristin said...

Oh My Gosh that video was soooooo cute!!! And yet another Kristin? Man! That is too cool! We should get all the Kristin's together and have a Kristin party! LOL

Gemma said...

Looks like a really fun day! And Connor's giggles on the video were just too much! Kudos to you, Mama, for all your ducking under the equipment---not an easy task!

The coincidences w. the grandparents were amazing. It really IS a small world!

Lisa said...

Here I am - Hi! Thanks for stopping by! I am feeling your pain and hope you didn't hurt yourself too badly on that equipment. That is funny about the grandparents..toooo. :-) haha