Friday, January 16, 2009

Flashback Friday: A Bumbo and a Big Brother

My husband and I were talking tonight that even when Peanut is whiny and tired and pushes every single button we own, we are still so proud of him. He is such a good big brother to Pumpkin. I remember writing in our first Christmas letter after Pumpkin was born that nothing in the world makes our baby light up like his big brother. Probably like all moms who already have at least one child, I was so concerned about Peanut's adjustment to having a baby brother. I was so worried he would think we had betrayed him. But he loved his little brother right from the start. Even now, Peanut uses a different tone of voice when he is trying to explain something to his little brother or when he is telling him something fun they can do together. And whenever his big brother is out of the room, Pumpkin immediately wants to know where he is. They already have their own little songs and words that make them laugh until they get the hiccups. When they tell each other out of the blue that they love one another -- even right after they were fighting over Peanut's Leapster -- I can't help but stand back and smile. We are truly blessed.

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Look how little they are! I know you miss that baby. I hope my boys will grow up to be good friends. It sounds like yours are on the right track. Unfortunately, it feels like mine have been fighting a lot lately. It is hard to share a room. :-)

Gemma said...

Beautiful, just beautiful.

L a u r a said...

A very sweet post. Adoring brothers!

Anonymous said...

I could hardly recognize the baby as "Pumpkin" at first - how he's changed. Their expressions reveal a genuine brotherly love for each other. Count yourself very fortunate parents! Loved the Christmas pics. Congratulations on your 1st anniversary of blogging and for reaching your 100th. blog! Wow!
Nana

Adrienne said...

Thanks for the "love" on my blog. :o)

My little guy is so obedient and while he may object with a screech or two, he'll usually listen to me. But what I'M concerned about after his little sister comes is if that will stay the same when I've got my hands full nursing or whatever. A friend of mine said her son (firstborn) decided he wanted to potty train when the new baby came. She would be nursing and he would come running into the room waving a poopy diaper around and she'd have to try and clean him up quickly before he sat down anywhere!! Ha, ha! Any advice for a mom about to make the leap from one to two?

Adrienne said...

Oh and one more thing...did you already know about Plumb's "Blink" album or did you happen to see it on my blog? (I see it's on your playlist...) I LOVE that album and I did at least one post about it on my blog. (I found it just before I got pregnant this time and I swear it made me ovulate.) ;o)