UPDATE: Due to popular demand, I have included directions at the bottom of this post. Honestly, I almost posted a how-to, but I figured that many people are much more technologically adept than I am. Also, I posted this before I even knew that MckMama had linked to me and that I would have brand new visitors. So, if you're a MckMama fan as well, welcome! I'm so glad so many of you like the scrapblog as much as I do!
I'm so excited! I finally have a real header on this blog. Instead of doing what I was supposed to be doing tonight, I chose to play around with this amazing website that someone recommended to me. Thank you, Beaver Bunch!!! She informed me that scrapblog.com allows you to make headers and downloadable scrapbook creations all free! And free is the right price for me. I was seriously considering paying a professional to make me a pretty header, but as an admitted creative control freak, I loved being able to create it all by myself. I just had to share this in case anyone else was interested. Let me know what you think!
Directions for adding your scrapblog header to your blog:
1) Click "publish" when you are finished with your header. (You can publish publicly or privately -- no one else will see your design on their site if you choose to publish privately.)
2) Click "No, thanks" when the pop-up asks if you would like to share your scrapblog with others on the site. (Don't click "view scrapblog" yet.)
3) In the upper left corner, click on "File" and then click "Export as JPEG."
4) Click "Download" on the page you want to use as your header, and save as you do your other photo images.
5) Then, after your scrapblog has downloaded, open your blog and go to the layout tab in Blogger.
6) Click on your header's "edit" link.
7) Then upload your image (you may need to check "shrink to fit") and save it! Voila!
Hope that helps everyone! Let me know if you have any other questions, and thanks again to the Beaver Bunch for helping me and introducing me to this cool site! :)